. . . . One Year NED (No Evidence of Disease)
It’s been a long, but amazing year and it was time to celebrate. I celebrated life. We celebrated life. Not just my life as a survivor, but the lives other warriors and survivors as well.
Below are some photos from the party and I hope you enjoy them. It was a purple and green themed party because “my” cancer ribbon is those colors. I was blessed to have many friends and family members in attendance …. they have been my strength throughout this whole experience. We had wonderful fellowship, the most amazing food, treat bags for everyone and a coloring table (for big & little kids) and games for each of the (little) kids. It was a lot of fun!
The cake was special to me because there were beautifully intricate, yet edible, butterflies on it. Each butterfly symbolized someone (although this is not an all-inclusive list & I did not intentionally omit anyone … these were the names that came to mind as we were ordering the cake) that I know that is either currently fighting or has recently fought. There was a butterfly for:
- Connie F. (lung/liver) **
- Debbie M. (colon/kidney) **
- Angie D. (ovarian)
- Mark L. (anal) **
- Pamela C. (anal) **
- Teresa M. (lymphoma)
- Calvin N. (anal)
- Greg H. (anal)
- Denise L. (breast)
- Nancy K. (ovarian,cervical, uterine)
- Tracy N. (Hodgkin’s Disease/lymphoma)
- Marty F. (breast/rectal) **
- Paul M. (prostate)
- Becky Z. (breast cancer survivor but now has thymic cancer**)
- There was an HONORARY butterfly for Linda W., who fights and advocates on behalf of patients all over the US, maybe the world, even though she herself has never had cancer. She fights because she has lost family members to this horrible disease. She fights because she cares. She is pressing on for us all! 🙂
Individuals in the midst of their fight right now are denoted with **
Those of you going through a repeated battle,
YOU ARE MY HEROES!!!!
Treat bags (filled with m&ms)
asdfasdfTThese were the napkins
Everything was green & purple . . . .
sadff . . . . . EVERYTHING